I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, licensed since 1997. I received my MSW from UC Berkeley, and an undergraduate degree at UCLA. I work with individuals, ages 13 and up. I continue to seek ongoing education in various therapeutic approaches. I have a passion for helping people with Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT/tapping) and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), alternative and effective ways of addressing traumatic events. I use Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills to help people gain readily accessible tools for improved coping. I also specialize in helping teens and adults manage ADHD, and use a skills based approach with this issue.
I will work with you to find which tools and therapeutic approaches fit best for you. There is no ‘one size fits all’ approach, and I am most interested in doing what works best, whether it is long-term exploratory therapy or short-term solution focused therapy.
Education & Credentials
- UC Berkeley, Masters in Social Welfare, 1994
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCS 18466, 1997
- Bachelor’s Degree, English and French Literature 1989
- Over 20 Years in practice
- I have extensive experience in both medical and psychiatric settings.
- Certified EFT Practitioner, EFT Universe
- EMDR trained